Pages

February 15, 2012

Day 27, 13th September 2011. Chicago

Well I don't think I really got any sleep at all. I was so drunk I just kept tossing and turning in bed in a half sleeping state. At about 9am me and Shannon got out of bed and got ready because we were meeting the boys at 10am to go and see the city. I didn't feel hungover at all at this point, the drunkness was gone but it was definitely too early for the hangover to kick in. At about 10.05 we knocked on the boys door and unsurprisingly they were still asleep! They got ready and we left the hostel at about 10.30am.




We started looking for somewhere to have breakfast, but couldn't find anywhere because the boys were being fussy about where, and Gary kept going on about baked beans which of course no where had. After about 2 hours of confusedly walking around we decided it was too late for breakfast and decided to make it lunch instead.











After getting lost a few times, we ended up in Johnny Rockets. The hangover was starting now, so it tasted good at first but then I just ended up feeling really sick. The burger was really good though, me and Gary had only had Johnny Rockets once before, in Mexico, and it was awful, so real American Johnny Rockets is so much better! We also had milkshakes which were amazing, that probably made me feel sick even more now that I feel about it.






The most exciting part of the day in Chicago was going to the top of the Willis (Sears) tower. At 108 storeys it is the tallest building in North America.



The views from the top were so pretty. It was really cool because they had glass floors that you could walk out onto. I really thought it was good, but people who are scared of heights would hate it! Gary even said it made him feel a bit weird, but I loved it.










While we were up there my hangover finally came. I felt so sick. I needed to go to sleep but I insisted that I wanted to go to Forever 21 first. So we got a taxi to Michigan Avenue so I could go shopping. It didn't go very well, I was feeling sicker every minute and there was nothing I wanted in Forever 21 (that's a first) but I did find a bag just as we were leaving, because I felt I had to buy something. It was clearly a good idea because I am still using that bag today.

We then got a taxi back to the hostel and when we got back to the room Kirsty was laying in her bed so we chatted for a while, then I went to have a shower and tried to have a sleep for a few hours but my body just didn't want to sleep so I just snuggled in bed and read some more of the Hunger Games book that Loz had given me.

Eventually I started to feel a bit better, and at about 6.30pm the whole group met up to go to Hooters for dinner. It was ok, the food wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be, but that could have been because I still felt ill. It was a nice meal though with everyone there, and we all (well the girls) got to get our Hooters tops.








I don't normally like cities, but Chicago was a really nice place, definitely somewhere I could live. I wish I could have got to experience more of it and not feel so sick, but thats the price we paid for drinking so much the night before. It was totally worth it though, they are some of my best memories. A few people were going out again tonight and there was no way I could manage that though, Gary went out which upset me because even though I felt to sick to go out, I didn't want him to go and have fun without me. Anyway I cried a bit then got over it because I was so tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment