Pages

April 27, 2012

Day 73, 29th October 2011. Disneyland/Anaheim

It was a 6am wake up time this morning, as there were extra magic hours in Disneyland, starting at 7am. Alarm went off at 6am, I turned it off, and the next thing I knew, it was 6.20am. I had to rush Gary up and we were out of the door within 15 minutes. It was a chilly morning so we were quite wrapped up.

We made it to the park gates for opening time at 7am, and luckily, even though it was a Saturday, it was really quiet.




 Had some photopass photos in front of the castle




Then it was on to Fantasyland to do all the rides that we had not yet done. Peter Pan's Flight was the first stop, its one of my all time favorites (I know, I day that about everything). It really just reminds me of being 6 years old.




Then we got to go on the Alice in Wonderland ride (yay, it didn't break down this time) and I loved it, it was so cute. They should have it in the other Disney parks too.


We went on the Matterhorn one more time, and then we went to Tommorowland. We went on the new Star Tours, which was great, and I got picked out as the spy. Because we hadn't been on the new version before I was not expecting it at all and I was so embarrassed. The cast member also noticed our 'Just Married' buttons and made the whole ride clap for us!


Then we went on the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage which was also so cute, it was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. After that we made our way to the Haunted Mansion.



It was actually 'Haunted Mansion Holiday', as it had been completely decorated for Halloween in a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. It was so cool. The whole ride had been re-done and they even changed the music too. Not that I don't love the regular Haunted Mansion, but this made it even better. Gary  loved it too.











All the effort that had been put into decorating it was amazing, definitely something I'm really glad we got to see, as it's only like that at this time of the year. It was so excellent. Next up we went on Winnie the Pooh and Splash Mountain. I got totally soaked on Splash, and it was so cold this morning that I was not happy about it!


Next, we went on Indiana Jones Adventure, which was another ride that was totally new to us, and also really good. And after that it was Jungle Cruise time, which is the same cheesy-ness as Florida, but how can anyone not love it?



Pirates of the Caribbean was shut :( that is another of my all time favorites. I'm actually in love with it, so I was really sad that it was shut.






Once we had done all of those rides, we decided to leave the park and spend the afternoon doing some shopping, as I had not spent enough money yet. We first went to Downtown Disney and I got a few things, and then we went back to the hotel to change out of our wet Splash Mountain clothes, before getting the bus to the Block at Orange to do some shopping.

Getting the bus was quite confusing, and actually took about an hour, but I was really itching to do some shopping. We first went shoe shopping, I got new converse and Gary got new Vans, and also some Vans t-shirts. I then had to have a last Victoria's Secret spree. And a spree it was, I got loads, but I wanted to make the most of it. I got so many body lotions and sprays thinking that I wouldn't be able to get any more until next time we come to the USA (and now that I'm home, they are opening the first UK store in Stratford very soon, thats only 20 minutes from home, I am so excited). After I had spent an insane amount in Victorias Secret, we went to Hollister where they had some super sale on.

There was like nobody in the store but they had loads of money off everything. I got 2 pairs of shorts, and Gary got 3 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of joggers and it all came to only $60!! The final stop of the day was Forever 21, but it was a rubbish one that had like nothing good in there so I didn't get anything. We then had the hour bus journey back to the hotel, and when we got there we laid around the pool for about an hour.

We then went to sort the room out a bit as it was quite messy with all our new purchases. We tidied up and sorted all our new things out, before showering and getting ready to go out for dinner. We had already pre-paid for one day bus tickets so decided to use them again to go to TGI Fridays for dinner.
It was so weird, the TGI's that we went to had the exact same layout, (literally the exact same) as the one we go to at home. We had found out while we were away that our local TGI's had shut down and moved to a new location down the road. We were sad that we hadn't got a chance to say goodbye to the old one (we are weird like that), so it was cool that this one was exactly the same as our old one.



The food was ok, it was nice, but we have had lots of better TGI's than that one. Still, it was a really nice meal, and our first (of many) TGI's as a married couple. When we had finished, we still had half an hour before the bus came that took us back to the hotel, so I had another look in the Forever 21 that I couldn't find anything in earlier, and came out with some necklaces and some plain cami's.
We soon got back to the hotel, the journey was a lot quicker this time, and we were the only people on the bus, which was awkward, but the driver was nice. When we got back I had a bath and we just relaxed for the rest of the night, so we could conserve our energy for our last Disney day tomorrow and make the most of it.

1 comment:

  1. Your photopass pics came out cute and how awesome that you got solo-castle pictures! I also like how you got a little pixie dust on Star Tours! :)

    ReplyDelete