Pages

May 08, 2012

Day 84, 9th November 2011. Tauranga, New Zealand


Now that we were finally doing some activities, today we were going rock climbing. Again, I have no real detail about the day because for some reason I hardly wrote my diary on this week, so it's all from memory.

I have no idea what time we got up and went out, but when we arrived at the rock climbing place, they had glow in the dark mini golf there, so we did that before we did the climbing. It was fun, I lost, as usual. It was really hard in the dark because we could not see when there were bumps on the ground so the balls were rolling all over the place.

Then it was time to do some climbing, there was only 2 other people there with us so we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. It was quite a big place with loads of different sections of the walls you could climb up, as well as other things you could climb like a swinging ladder thing.




I wasn't too excited about rock climbing because I didn't think I would be very good at it (I was right). We went in this practice tunnel thing first that we could fall down on.




Of course, Gary and Fabian were strong boys and did really good at it, while I could barely hold on to the wall for 10 seconds.







Fabian was really really good at it and was trying the really hard stuff.



Then the man showed us how to tie the ropes around so that we didn't fall and Gary had a go while I had to hold the ropes at the bottom, but I wasn't strong enough, so Fabian had to take over from me.


Then Fabian had his go and of course he was excellent at it.



My turn, and I was terrible. Actually terrible. I could not get a good grip and kept panicking that I was going to fall. I was ok when I was moving but as soon as I kept still I started slipping. I did manage to get all the way to the top but when I got there and couldn't go any higher I started freaking out because I knew I was going to fall.

I totally hated it, which is so silly because all the new things I had tried recently, it was hardly anything too bad, but I really did not enjoy it at all.



After I had given up, Gary and Fabian played on the rock climbing walls for another hour or so while I just sat and watched.

This night we went out for dinner to a Pizza place, it was actually really nice but I have no photos to document it. I wish I'd actually written more about this week because that is all the information I have, I can't remember any of the little things we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment