Pages

May 08, 2012

Day 85, 10th November 2011. Tauranga/Rotorua, New Zealand


This morning we drove to Rotorua to go on the luge. Rotorua was about an hour away and there was loads of stuff to do there. Me and Gary were going to come back next week, so today we just did the luge.

If you are wondering what a luge is, I was at first, it's like a go kart with no fancy buttons. Basically a sledge with wheels and steering and you roll down a hill really fast. We got to the place, called Skyline Rotorua and got a cable car up to the top. There was loads of other stuff you could do there too, and they had a nice restaraunt and stuff too, but we were just doing the luge.





We had some pretty views over Rotorua on the way up.




When we got our luge tickets, they had a thing where you paid a certain amount and could go down the track 5 times, so we did that.



On the first time down, Gary went in front of me and I crashed trying to take photos of him lol.


It is quite easy for them to go out of control and go really fast so you have to be really careful. When we got to the bottom we took a little ski lift thing back up to the top.







There were 3 different tracks, one was easy, which we only did once, and there were 2 harder ones, that we did 2 times each. I crashed multiple times trying to go faster than Gary. I kept bashing into this wall at the start of the track and hurt my arm and scraped my legs. I had so many bruises for like a week. There was one point where there was an edge and loads of sand, and Gary was going to fast and he fell out of his luge lol.

It sounds kind of dangerous thinking about how many injuries we got, but it was really funny at the time.


Once we were all luged out, we got some food at the cafe at the top, and took some photos of the scenery.



Just as we were leaving, Gary realised he had left his jumper in the cafe so I went in to get it for him, I had to pass the posh restaraunt on the way and I tripped over a step and fell flat on my face. Loads of people stared at me, and Gary was sad that he had missed it because he would have found it really funny.

When we got back to the car, Fabian had locked the keys in there, so him and Gary did something to get them out. I honestly can't remember what they did, but I think it involved taking a bit of the door off. I clearly wasn't paying much attention. Once we had the keys, we drove back to Tauranga which took about an hour again. 

When we got home, Treena was back from work, and her and Fabian were getting ready to leave because they were going to a wedding in Auckland this weekend. When they had left, we made some dinner, burgers and sweet potato fries (yum) and settled down and ate it while watching The Lion King. Gary denies he is as much of a Disney lover as me, but he had bought this film last week in the mall on blue-ray because he wanted to watch it so much. I told him not to get it because we have so many copes of it at home, but he said he needed it haha.

I never normally cry at the Lion King, I don't really cry at any films, but for some reason I cried my eyes out when we watched it. I think I had just had such an emotional year that the storyline really got to me. When the film was finished we watched all the special features. I think that is one of our favorite things to watch on Disney DVD's because they always have so much cool stuff on there. Once we had watched every possible extra feature we just went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. They had a skyline in Christchurch, I refused to go on it lol! They freak me out!! The luge looks like great fun!

    ReplyDelete