Pages

January 17, 2012

Day 15, 1st September 2011. Banff, Canada.

I finally woke up at 9.30am after the worst nights sleep of my life. Gary woke up before me and took this picture of me sleeping, trying to stay warm.

 When I got up I went down to the little hut thing because Gary wasn't in the tent so I thought he must be there. He was and so were most of the others, trying to keep warm. A group of us decided to go and do some laundry this morning, which was in a little shop about 10 minutes walk from camp.

Views around camp



Our little gathering hut


Canadian money


Laundry


Me and Abby in the laundry store


When the laundry was done we dropped it back at our tents and got the bus into the town. We wandered around the shops, looking at all the Canadian stuff they had. We got some lunch in McDonalds, mainly to use the wifi,







Totally wish I'd bought some of these boots. At this point we were trying to not spend money. That changed in the 2nd half of the trip.



We walked back to camp which took about half an hour, looking at the nice houses on the way.




We also saw a deer which was super exciting




 When we got  back I had a shower, and I had to wash my hair. I really didn't want to wash my hair because I didn't have a hairdryer so I would be really cold. It was horrible having wet hair in such freezing conditions.
We were way too tired to go out drinking tonight, but we had to get some dinner so we had to at least go somewhere. Gary and I got the bus back into town again and had dinner by ourselves at a place called Banff Avenue Brewing Co. and it was really good. Gary had a turkey sandwich and I had fish and chips and we got a brownie for dessert which I are most of. We had a table by the window and had a really nice view over Banff.




We were so tired that when we got back to camp we went straight to bed even though it was only 9.30pm. I slept so much better tonight. Last night I had worn leggings, socks, and a long sleeve thermal top, and people had told me today that it would have made me colder because there was no body heat in my sleeping bag. Tonight I slept in shorts and a tshirt and was much warmer!


No comments:

Post a Comment