Pages

January 17, 2012

Day 16, 2nd September 2011. Banff, Canada

Woke up at 9am feeling much happier and warmer this morning. Got ready wearing 5 layers of clothing to stay warm, had breakfast and at 10am we left with Donna, Volker and Abby to go to the hot springs.







So we started walking, we got all the way through the town, then realised we had a really long uphill walk before we got there. It was cold, but not as cold as yesterday, but we just didn't feel like walking all that way. There was a bus that went up there, but they didn't come very often. We were very lucky because as we decided to wait for the bus it came one minute later.

Super attractive Canadian flag bikini in the shop




It cost us $7 to get into the hot springs, so we went to get changed and got in the pool. It wasn't exactly what we were expecting, it was just a hot swimming pool, I expected it to look more natural with rocks and stuff, but it was still good. The air outside was so cold but the pool was so warm, it was really nice on my aching muscles after the past few nights cold camping.



We stayed there for just over an hour, it wasn't exactly that impressive so there was no need to stay any longer, it was just really nice being warm for the first time in days. Getting out was hard because no one wanted to be cold, but luckily the shallow end of the water had a door into the changing room so you wasn't fully out of the water until you were inside.
We got the bus back into the town and went to McDonalds again, for the wifi, and then slowly walked back to camp. On the way we passed the laundry store and put our bikini's and towels in the dryer for a whole because it was too cold for them to dry otherwise.

Cute street names in Banff


When we got back Gary and I had a little sort out of the tent and re-packed all our bags neatly. After that we just laid around in the tent for a while because there was not much going on. I listened to my ipod and Gary had a nap.



In the evening we all went out because it was Aaron's birthday. Art drove us to a place called Melissa's in town. First of all I wasn't loving it because the food was gross. I had a chicken burger that was crap, but Gary had 2 (yes, 2!) steaks and he thought they were nice. After we had eaten some people got the bus back to camp and I wanted to go too, but Gary convinced me to stay. I'm now really glad he did because we had a really good night.


The drinks were really cheap, we were all having vodka, cranberry and sprites all night and they were like $2. Of course everyone was buying Aaron loads of shots because it was his birthday. There was a music player right by our table where you could select the music so me and Shannon spent loads of money on that. As it was our last night in Canada we wanted to use up all our money so we were all just buying loads of drinks all night and we were having so much fun. There were so many drinks on the table we now call it 'the night of 100 drinks'





The birthday boy




The most disgusting thing I have ever seen...




At about 1.30am I think the bar shut and some people went to another place, but me and Gary walked home with Donna and Volker. It was a really nice drunken walk home and I had a long chat with Volker the whole way, it was a really long walk and we would have definitely got lost if it wasn't for Volker directing us in the dark.

The sky was completely full of stars and we even saw a shooting star, in my diary I wrote that I wished on it, but I can't remember what my wish was, I'm sure it came true/ will come true though.

More cute Banff road names


Volker guiding us home


Finally got to bed after 2am and had a horrible cold night again.

No comments:

Post a Comment