Pages

March 03, 2012

Day 33, 19th September 2011. Maryland/Washington DC

When we woke up we said our final goodbyes to Art and thanked him again for our inflatable matresses. By this time me and Gary's tent was so comfortable. We had the Trek mats, the foam mattress, the inflatable mattresses, sleeping bags, a big blanket and loads of pillows! We got ready for the day and Mark drove us into DC so we could spend the day there.

I didn't feel so good for the start of the day, I was still feeling sick and my belly was hurting so much. I didn't have anything to make me feel better so all I could do was drink loads of water which was actually making me feel worse. Me, Gary and Kirsty spent the day together on our own, this was the start of our little gang of 3 because we didn't really feel comfortable with the others in the group with all the stuff that was going on. It was just easy for us 3 to be together because we were such good friends.

The Night in the Museum geek in me was so excited to go to the Smithsonian today. It's like a cluster of all different museums, the first one we went to was the Air and Space Museum.












The funniest part of my day was Kirsty banging her head on a clear glass wall and Gary laughing at her and doing the exact same thing. The Air and Space museum was good, there was lots of interesing Space stuff in there, as you can see in the photo below the museum was tiring Gary out.. We got him some McDonalds to wake him up.


After a few hours we left and started to walk towards the White House. Took some more photos of the Washington Monument, it was (and still is) closed because of an earthquake that had happened a few weeks before so we just took photos from the distance. One thing that I was super gutted about was that the Reflection Pool (the one Jenny runs through in Forrest Gump) was empty, there was no water in it!



The White House!






The other side of the White House


We walked back over to the Smithsonian and ate out lunch outside on some steps and got an Ice Cream. Then we went into the National Museum of American History. It was quite a nice museum and there was some cool Disney stuff in there to, including a little screen that was playing Disney Cartoons that were played during World War 2.



Original Mousketeer hat








A Dumbo from Disneyland


Ruby Slippers



A Mask from the Lion King Musical


Michael Jackson's hat



After we were finished in the museum we had an hour and a half until we were being picked up and we felt really tired and couldn't be bothered to walk around any more. So we decided to sit on the grass in the middle of the museums and we just made bracelets and chatted and it was really nice with all the scenery around us.


When we got picked up we stopped at a liquor store on the way home, there was a pharmacy next door so I got some painkillers and stuff hoping that I would soon feel better. We went in the hot tub when we got back and then had dinner which was nicer than last nights, but there was hardly any of it, we only got like half a dinner each and we were starving. We had always had more than enough food to eat with Art. Me and Gary did some laundry then went to bed because I was still feeling sick. I woke up again in the night needing to pee because of all the water I'd been drinking but this time I made Gary come with me because of my scary experience last night, he wasn't very happy that I'd woken him up.


1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine was just talking about her recent trip to DC, so it was extra cool for me to read your post. I love the pics you took at the Smithsonian.

    ReplyDelete