Pages

March 07, 2012

Day 40, 26th September 2011. Key West, Florida.

I woke up at 7.30am hearing rain and thunder outside still. I went to the toilet and saw Kirsty on the way who said she had looked on the internet and saw that it wasn't safe to stay in the tent when there is a thunderstorm. So I went to wake Gary up and back to the games room we went.




After about an hour of watching TV it stopped raining so we went in the swimming pool, but another hour later it started thundering again, so we had to get out. We couldn't really do anything so we just sat in there doing nothing for a few hours, and I went to have a shower and wash my hair because I was bored.



This weird cat that lived there kept hanging around.





We didn't want to sit around doing nothing all day, so Kait was driving Nick and Dean back into town to drop their scooter back because they couldn't ride it in the rain so me and Gary got a lift in with her so we could at least go and get something to eat.


We just walked in and out of shops a bit because the rain was letting off, and then we went to get some food from Margaritaville. It was ok, I'd heard good things about the one in Orlando but the food wasn't that good.

Gary modelling one of his new Hangover tshirts



After we had eaten, Gary bought some Vans, and the girl in the shoe shop said she had never seen it rain as much as it had over the past 24 hours. Most of my friends that are reading this will know what a Florida thunderstorm is like, and that it normally goes away just as quickly as it came, but this one was not going. It was insane, so many of the roads were flooded. We also found a shop that sold Marmite, it was $11 but I wanted it so badly and convinced Gary that we should buy it. I will admit that I didn't even use it once! I also got some green nail varnish because Kirsty wanted me to do her some Watermelon nails.

In the late afternoon we took the bus back to camp and the rain finally seemed to be stopping for good. We had a lot of dramas this night at camp. Somebody had made a very valid complaint against Mark, and he was acting like a big baby about it. It wasn't me that had made the complaint, but I agreed with everything they said. Mark didn't know who had sent it and I'm sure everyone thought it was me by the way they were all looking at me. Judging by the fact that I had been very vocal about how badly he handled Gary's foot situation I can see why they thought it was me. It didn't upset me because I would have complained if I had been bothered to. Gary overheard the person who didn't like us saying some bad stuff about me and Kirsty so we just stayed away from them for the rest of the night.

The good thing about the complaint being made was that Mark then stopped cooking weird shit for dinner and let us choose what to have. Me and Kirsty got to be in a group together and we made spaghetti bolognese. After dinner, me, Gary, Kirsty and Leah went to sit in this little covered pavillion thing for the night to stay away from the person. We started painting our Watermelon nails but said we would finish them tomorrow because the nail polish was taking ages to dry because the weather was so humid.

We tried sleeping outside tonight because it had stopped raining. Me, Gary and Kirsty made a little bed with our inflatable mattresses and blankets on the dock. Quite a few people were sleeping outside because it was so hot. At about 2am we woke up because it was raining so we had to go get back in our tents.


No comments:

Post a Comment