March 24, 2012

Day 53, 9th October 2011. Telluride, Colorado

Woke up in bed at 4am very confused and cold. I woke Gary up who was sleeping on the floor (I think he was worried that I was going to be sick on him) and he gave me a blanket and I fell back to sleep. Woke up again at 7am and Gary filled me in on what happened last night. I was so confused because I couldn't remember any of it, and I could not fall back to sleep.

I had a shower and then went upstairs at about 9.30am. I didn't feel to bad at this point, the hangover definitely hadn't kicked in yet. I spoke to the others who were all laughing about last night, then I started to feel a bit ill. I really wanted to go out and do something today like we had planned, but that was definitely off the cards. I couldn't even face the thought of food so I walked to the shop to get some Gatorade. I really wanted blue but they only had red and yellow :(

When I got back to the house I just laid on the sofa with my Gatorade. The others all watched Scream 4 that we had rented yesterday but I fell asleep. I woke up at 2pm and my hangover was getting worse. I went to bed and Gary bought me some toast to eat but even looking at it made me feel sick. Kirsty bought me some black tea with sugar and told me to drink it but I had one sip and fell asleep.

Woke up at 7pm because Gary and Kirsty had made lasange for dinner, I was feeling a bit better and managed to eat some. I then just sat around on the sofa for a while, Kirsty painted skulls on Leah's nails for her. I had told her I would do it but I don't think anyone wanted me to paint their nails in my hungover state. Kirsty did a pretty good job, some of them went a bit wrong and looked like dogs, mushrooms or ghosts lol, but they ended up really nice.

Mamma Mia was on the TV and we wanted to watch it, but we missed the beginning so we didn't bother. So I just had a shower and went to bed. This is how I managed to keep the good bedroom for 3 nights. Last night I was too drunk for anyone to kick me out and today I was too hungover to leave haha.
This was definitely the worst day of the trip for me, drinking at such a high altitude had a really REALLY bad effect on me, and I would not recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment