Pages

March 24, 2012

Day 52, 8th October 2011. Telluride, Colorado. a.k.a The night I will never remember...


It's my Birthdayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! :)
 23 years old!!

Woke up at about 9am and enjoyed having a lay in and a bed for a while, today was the day we were meant to give the room to someone else so I wanted to make the most of having a bed. Gary gave me my 2 (only) birthday cards, one from him and one from Kirsty. Of course they were both Disney ones.


Got up and went to sit in the living room for a while, Gary made me breakfast as it was my birthday. Then we just sat around for a few hours relaxing and making the most of having some good wifi so I did loads of Instagramming.




The views outside our window were incredible. Colorado is so beautiful.






Me and Gary went out at about 11am so we could have a little walk around the town and get some birthday lunch. It was a nice little place but there wasn't much to do and all the shops were really expensive.

Cute little sign by our front door


Our condo from the outside








The town was literally one street. We walked up and down it just wandering in shops really, there wasn't much else to do, as nothing seemed to be open.


One of many cute dogs we saw that day



We had some lunch at this diner style place, the food was ok, didn't really like it that much.


I bought some postcards and stickers from a shop and we found a DVD rental place so we rented some films. When we got back to the house we watched The Hangover, its better in the USA, they have some bits that are cut out of the UK version, I don't know why?!? After that, I had a shower and we watched X-Men first class and then it was time for dinner.

Some of the girls made a curry for dinner which was quite nice. While we were eating, Justine, Cece and Zoe from the other group with a birthday cake for me, I was so surprised, it was such a nice thing for them to do. They even made it look like a Mickey Mouse Face! When we had all finished our dinner, Kirsty and Leah bought over the cake they had made me too. She put candles on both cakes and everybody sang Happy Birthday to me.




I ate a bit of both cakes and they were really nice. I was really happy that people had made an effort for my birthday because I was feeling a little sad that I wasn't in Disney (I know, that's ridiculous) but they made me feel really loved :)

Afterwards, we got ready to go out. We were going to go into town and go to a bar because we hadn't been out drinking since the other group had left us.



Before we went out, some of the guys in the other group came over and we played beer pong for a while. Of course because it was my birthday I was getting made to drink the most. Carlos kept pouring loads of Vodka in my drink when I wasn't looking and Matt made me this weird shot with milk that was gross. I told him it would make me sick but he promised it wouldn't.






I was already quite drunk by the time we went out. We first went over to the other groups house, I can't remember why, but I spent ages in Zoe, Justine and Cece's room telling them how thankful I was that they made me a cake. I was quite drunk already at this point and because we were at such a high altitude it made the alcohol effect me even more. 
We walked into town, and went into some bar. To be honest my memory is pretty hazy by this point.






So basically, all I remember is getting to the bar. Then I have one memory of Kirsty telling me we had to leave, and another memory of being sick in the room. 

Gary's version of the story is that I was really drunk in the bar, Gary had to carry me out over his shoulder because I didn't want to go. I had to be helped walking home and I was puking all night. I remember NONE of this. Thankfully everyone said it was really funny and that I was in a really happy mood, so even if I can't remember it, at least I was having fun (apart from the throwing up part)

Some photos for you to laugh at. I was considering not putting these on here due to embarrassment, but I figured that there's only like 6 people reading this and they are all photos I have been tagged in on Facebook anyway LOL.

HAHA.... this is what I call the ugliest photo of me EVER, telling Dean how much I love him for being Gary's friend apparently.


Gary carrying me out LOL


See how happy I am...


Needless to say I don't recollect any of these being taken. 


1 comment:

  1. OMG! LOL Those last pictures are hilarious! Even though you don't really remember, I'm glad you have the pictures to prove that your birthday was pretty awesome despite not being in Disney. I'm glad your trip-mates made you feel special and that you got 2 cakes!

    ReplyDelete