Pages

March 09, 2012

Day 43, 29th September 2011. Orlando - Panama Beach, Florida

Woke up this morning feeling sick. I had a really sore throat and my back was hurting. We left at 9am and of course I didn't want to because there was so much more in Orlando that I wanted to do. It was so hard only having one day there because I am used to being there for 2 weeks, like I had only been allowed a little taste of Disney and wasn't allowed to go back. I would have done anything to be able to go to Hollywood Studios today. It was kind of silly because our last day in Key West was a total waste because of the rain, so we should have used that day to drive to Orlando I think and then had 2 full days to go to the parks.

It was another long drive day today, we stopped off soon after we left at Publix and I got some throat sweets because my sore throat was really hurting. This was not a good ay for me, I was in such a bad mood. I was fed up with the group hating on us. I felt like me, Gary, Kirsty and Leah were our own group and the others wanted nothing to do with us all because of that 1 person being a drama queen. Of course the fact that we were leaving Orlando also had something to do with my bad mood. When we stopped for lunch there were loads of flies everywhere that were landing on all the food so I couldn't even make a sandwich. At this point I was SO fed up that if Gary would have agreed I would have just left the group, rented a car and drove back to Orlando. After lunch when we got back in the van I fell asleep and didn't wake up until we got to camp.

We were in Panama Beach for the night, it was our last evening in Florida. When we had to get out of the van my back was hurting so much, I don't know what was wrong with it. The pain was in my entire back and I couldn't even move properly. Gary set up the tent and then we went for a swim. It was really close to the beach but we couldn't really enjoy it because it was already the evening time. Still, me and Gary had a nice swim and being in the water made my back feel better. None of the rest of the group was there so it was just us, and we spoke to some nice American ladies in there too who lived in Florida.

Then it was time for dinner, I can't remember what we had but I don't think I liked it. The rest of the group were going to do mini-golf for the evening, which we wanted to do too, but we didn't want to go with them. So after dinner, me, Gary and Kirsty walked across the road to where there was a Motorbike thing going on, there were loads of people there on bikes and loads of stalls selling stuff so we had a little look around, there were some really cool bikes there. Some had loads of lights on and really good paintings on them.





We then walked down to the area where the mini-golf was. It was about a 15 minute walk and there were loads of motorbikes driving past us everywhere. It looked like there was a lot of stuff to do in the main area of Panama, it's a shame that we didn't get there any earlier in the day so have some fun.

This was a maze thing that Gary did later on that night




We played mini-golf, it was a jungle themed one









As usual/expected I lost, I think Gary won and Kirsty came second. We saw the rest of the group when they arrived there, which was awkward. After we had finished golf, Kirsty wanted to go to Walmart, so me and her walked over there while Gary went to do this maze thing that he had seen that he really wanted to do.
Mark didn't seem to like taking us to Walmart so we hadn't been in ages, so me and Kirsty made the most of it and got all the stuff that we needed. I got Gary some white tshirts, some bracelet making stuff and some painkillers and a few other random things. Kirsty got a new suitcase as her old one was falling apart.

After we were done in Walmart, we arranged to meet Gary in McDonalds. We all got ice creams then walked back towards camp. This is when Gary made up his little poem..

Three lone sheep in the dead of the night
one with a case
one with a mushroom head
one with a gammy foot


Haha, that sounds so weird but it was funny at the time. I think no one else will get it apart from us, so don't think I'm weird for writing it here. By the time we got back to the tent my back was hurting so much. Gary rubbed some deep heat into it for me and I took loads of painkillers. I was worried that the noise of all the motorbikes would keep me awake, but I fell straight asleep as soon as I got in the tent, think I was still tired out from our day in Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment