Pages

March 07, 2012

Day 41, 27th September 2011. Key West - Orlando, Florida.

I woke up in the best mood toda because we were going to ORLANDO! Aaaah I was so happy to be going to my favourite place in the world, I was in full on Disney mode. Nothing could upset me this morning, even the fact that everything in the tent was damp because it had been so wet for the last 2 nights. We were on our way to Disney!!
I forgot to write about the problems I had been having the past week deciding which park to go to when we were in Orlando. We only had 1 full day so had to pick just 1 park. Most people wanted to go to Universal. I totally understand why they wanted to go to Universal, if you have never been to Orlando before and you don't have a natural love of Disney, you would pick Universal because it has more thrill rides. No matter how many times I told people that Universal lacked the Disney magic they still chose Universal.
Gary wanted to go to Islands of Adventure. I could see his point, we love all the rides there, and we were going to be spending a week in Disneyland at the end of the trip. But the more I thought about it, the more I realised there was no way I could be in Orlando and not even go on Disney property, so I kept going on at Gary until he changed hismind. Kirsty had never been to Disney before so she really wanted to go there, so Gary said me and her should go without him and he could go to Universal, but I can't imagine being in Disney without him so he had to come with us.

Anyway, after that long backstory, I was super excited to be on my way to WDW! Out of the 2 tour groups, only 6 of us were going to be going to Disney and none of them had been before so I had no one to share my excitement with. The drive to Orlando from Key West took 8 hours, we only did a few short stops along the way. I listened to Disney music on my iPod the entire time. Again, most of the people that will be reading this know why I was so excited, I had the Disney feeling big time and I couldn't contain my excitement. The weather was getting hotter and hotter and the sun was shining. Everything was perfect. I still had the whole stolen money incident to sort out but I decided not to think about it while in Orlando because I didn't want anything to ruin my mood.

We arrived at about 4.30pm and driving through Kissimmee I was getting more and more happy, seeing places that were familliar to us, it just felt like coming home. When we got to the campsite which was right near the old town in Kissimmee, we were told we could stay in Condo's for an extra $10 each, for the 2 nights. No camping!! Happy girl was even happier. The condo's were so nice, they were all painted pretty colours and had bathrooms and TV's inside, and most importantly, AIRCON.







Me, Gary, Kirsty, Leah and Matt had one, and the rest of the group went in the other. Once we had sorted the rooms out, me and Gary went down to the main office to print off this form I had to fill in to send to FairFX about the money. We then went in the pool for a while, there were loads of english people there. Mark ordered pizza's for dinner but I didn't realy feel like it so I ate an ice cream. I bought some ritz crackers to have with my marmite but they tasted really weird They had a kind of fruity taste. Totally gross.

After dinner I washed, dried and straightened my hair (had to look good for Mickey tomorrow) and me and Kirsty just sat in the condo all night finishing our watermelon nails and watching TV/listening to music. Now that I think about it I don't know why we didn't make the most of being in Orlando and go to Downtown Disney or something. I didn't really think about it at the time and we were always so tired so I suppose it was good that we got well rested because tomorrow was a really busy day, but now that I'm back home and I want some Disney I feel silly for not making the effort to go there. Could have had T-Rex for dinner.

Went to sleep at about 11pm I think, Leah was still trying to decide wether she wanted to go to Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure tomorrow. She had been before and loves both so couldn't decide which one to go to. We eventually went to sleep even though I was so excited I don't know how I managed it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got the money situation sorted. That sucks! Do you even know who did it or was it just an online con person type of thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still don't know who it was, I think they must have got my details from an ATM or something like that, because they used my card to order things from Target. Thankfully got it back after a week or so, its just annoying that there are horible people out there who do things like that!

      Delete
  2. cI've heard of those scams at ATMs and gas stations but never knew anyone who was affected by it. I'm sorry. :(

    I'm glad that that horrible experience didn't spoil the rest of your trip or leave you with a bad impression of the U.S though! :)

    ReplyDelete